Useful Questions for Sales and Marketing and/or Sales Management Staff Interviews:
Below are the very common job interview questions which were asked during interview for the positions related to marketing and sales.
Icebreaker and Background Questions:
- Can you tell me a little about yourself?
- Tell me about a time when you almost lost a sale and worked hard to get it back/
- When you cold-call a prospect, what obstacles do you expect the clerical staff to put in your way?
- When you telephone a prospect, what strategies do you use to get past the secretary or receptionist?
Questions to Determine Fit:
- How do you qualify a prospect?
- How do you overcome the difficult periods that face everyone in sales?
- How long does it take you to get from initial contact to sales closing?
- How do you deal with rejection?
Core Competency Questions:
- What strategies do you employ for finding common ground with your customers?
- Have you found it helpful to take notes when talking to a customer?
- If I were a prospect, what clues about me does this office tell you?
- Can you give an example of how you are able to be positive about a product even when discussing a negative?
- When you make a decision, are you generally more concerned about its immediate impact or its long-range consequences? How much have you changed in this regard during the past decade?
Brainteasers and Business Problems:
- Can you sell me on our product/service?
- Which of your skills can stand improvement at this time?
- Do you have any questions for us?